DSU student launches consumer-oriented online magazine

Matthew Paulson

Today's launch of AmericanConsumerNews.com, an online magazine which discusses money management, will provide South Dakota consumers with a new source of information to help make better financial decisions and exemplifies what college students can do when they put their minds to it. Matthew Paulson, a senior at DSU and native of Mitchell, got his start writing as a freshman in college when he served as the news editor of DSU's campus newspaper, The Trojan Times.

Today's launch of AmericanConsumerNews.com, an online magazine which discusses money management, will provide South Dakota consumers with a new source of information to help make better financial decisions and exemplifies what college students can do when they put their minds to it.

Matthew Paulson, a senior at DSU and native of Mitchell, got his start writing as a freshman in college when he served as the news editor of DSU's campus newspaper, The Trojan Times. Paulson, a student with no student loans to his name, has always been a money savvy individual and hopes to help others make more informed financial decisions.

"I look forward to being a part of the next generation of home-grown South Dakota technology based businesses and joining the ranks of other South Dakota new media publications such as SD Watch and the Madville Times," said Paulson.

The magazine, American Consumer News, will feature daily articles about topics such as money saving tips, real estate, debt, investing and insurance. The online magazine will be available for readers online completely free at www.americanconsumernews.com and as an RSS feed (really simple syndication) for its more technologically savvy readers. The publication will also create a number of consumer guides that are available for its readers in electronic book form.

Paulson is working through a newly formed organization at DSU, called the Center of Techno-Entrepreneurship, which is providing logistical support, work-space and seed money to students who wish to start technology based businesses.

"The Center of Techno-Entrepreneurship has been instrumental in helping getting this business off the ground and is a great resource for budding entrepreneurs," said Paulson.